Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dating Again

So I attended a social function tonight for gay men.  Tuesday Night Supper Club, kind of a social and networking group that I got invited to by two men I met at a happy hour a couple of weeks ago.

I was chatting with them when a man (Wade) came in and caught my eye.  I was interested but I am really kind of awkward in these situations.  I either never say anything to people I am interested in or I go overboard and just dont stop. 

My friends encouraged me to say hello and so I did.  We chatted a few minutes and then the group mentality took over and we ended up in a group of people all chatting about different things.

I was asking his friend about him and his friend said to go talk with him again.  It was then I realized (and told his friend) I want someone to want to talk to me and/or ask me out.  I have spent my whole life pursuing those I am interested in and never has anyone pursued me.  This time I want the latter.

BTW the function was great and I met some wonderful people!

No comments: