Monday, August 11, 2008

Just about me today

Okay, I decided to start a blog. Well here I am. I want to have a place to just say what I think, be it about politics, social issues, the crazy ass driver in the car in front of me or just what happened today. Thought I would start with an entry to tell you a little about me.

First off I am an aries (March 29) so I have a short attention span. Will I keep up with this blog? I will try. It may get sporadic at times but I will do my best.

I am a mature adult (at least chronologically) but I will never fully grow up - nobody should. I joined the navy at 18 and have been around the world twice. I speak with some sense of life experience and perspective. I also have a wierd sense of humor at times.

I am a big fan of comics like the late great George Carlin, David Brenner and Seinfeld. I like to look at life with a sense of humor and enjoy the absurdities in everyday life.

I love to go sailing. I used to own (and lived on) my own boats. Boating in general is quite relaxing to me. I don't sail much anymore living in the desert and not owning my own boats but I do go on a lot a cruises - small promo for Carnival Cruiselines here. Ah screw all of you that think Carnival is low end - it is fun and that is what life is about.

A couple of years back I decided to play an instrument. I picked the most obnoxious thing I could - drums (okay bagpipes would have been the most obnoxious.) I like to relieve frustration by pouning the s#%t out of them when I can. I even took some drum lessons but I stopped, maybe again sometime soon.

I also enjoy bowling. I haven't done it in a long time but I was fairly good at it. I only had about a 180 average but what other sport can you drink like crazy while you do it and still have a good score. Yeah, I know it isn't really a sport. Personally, I am not into sports. I do enjoy going to a hockey game or soccer - to me it is only a sport if there is a chance for severe body damage and bloodshed.

In the past I have been in the navy (sonar technician - ping jockey), worked for attorneys, waited tables, even made porn - oh grow up! If you are able to get on the internet you have probably seen porn - then again porn is subjective - get two bears to do it on the nature channel and it is the circle of life, get two people to do it on video and it is porn - my ass! (oh and my ass looks great on video)

Right now I am in cosmetology school - stop giggling, it made Jose Eber rich (and if you know who he is you are way ahead of all the kids I go to school with.)

I was born in Washington, D.C. (my father worked for the IRS from college to his retirement) and raised around the Kansas City, MO area. I lived in Tampa, FL for a short while before quitting school and moving back to MO. I finished my junior year of high school and quit. I did take my GED after I joined the navy. Let me just say that I may have dropped out of school but I have a very high IQ.

I have taken college courses on and off for several years but as I said I get bored easily. I took classes mostly in computers - programming (basic, visual basic, C, C+, C++), applications (MS Access and Excel) and web programming from writing my own code up to using Dreamweaver.

I have spent my life basically doing what I want and enjoying it. Unfortunately, I grew up with my mother who was a Jehovah's Witness (no offense if you are one but it is not for me - at all.) This pretty much gave me a bad attitude towards all organized religions. I gave all spirituality up for several years. In recent years I have dabbled in wicca and most recently started looking at Buddhism. I think you need some sense of spirituality in your life no matter what it is. I do not consider myself a religious person in any way - doesn't mean at some time I may not talk about my past or present interest in religion.

I am the oldest of 4 boys (for my mother, only child for my father.) My brothers live in AZ, FL and now TN (I think.) I practically raised my next youngest brother. He is like my firstborn.

About 10 years ago I was taken ill with TTP - a lot of big words but google it if you like. When I was in the hospital I had to be resuscitated twice. So being dead - albiet for a short few seconds - gives you a whole different view on life and how you need to enjoy every minute of it.

Okay, I think that is a good first post. I have some other things I want to share but I will post them later today or some other time. Keep checking back to see if I can put a smile on your face or piss you off (it will give you something to talk about.)

No comments: